Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crazy Quilts on DIsplay

There were two Crazy Quilts on display at the EGA Headquarters. Both were situated on walls that made it impossible to get a good head on shot.

I took this one from the side. My thoughts on this quilt are that someone found these blocks and sewed them onto a large piece of velvet to display them. Each block has trim surrounding it that definitely dates to modern day. The blocks are old but the finished piece is not nearly as old.

This quilt was on another wall in a different area. I couldn't get a good shot of it but I understand Rissa was able to climb into the closet and got a better angle. She is going to send me pics when she gets home! Hopefully it will be a better picture than this one. I have a few good close ups and will be posting more pictures throughout the week.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: