Saturday, September 06, 2008

WOW Breast Cancer Fund Raiser Block

While in the hotel in the morning waiting for my roommate to get ready for the day, I worked on my CQI fund raiser block. I usually don't encrust my blocks but most of the other blocks for this quilt are encrusted so I'm working hard to fill in the blank spaces. It's coming along and should be finished and in the mail to Leslie soon. (Click on any of the pictures in my blog to get a closer look.)


What about you? Do you do a lot of encrusting on your blocks or do you tend to do more seam work and let the fabrics stand out? Personally I like the look of both and plan to try the encrusted look more often.

Don't forget to scroll down to the Think Pink - Pay It Forward Post and leave a comment! I will be holding the drawing on September 9th. All it takes to enter is a comment on the post.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This block is beautiful. I don't do encrusted, because I don't generally care for it, but this one looks nice. It doesn't seem overdone, as they often do to me.

Yvonne said...

I agree, Karen. Your block is beautiful, balanced and really appropriately decorated.