Saturday, September 06, 2008

EGA Seminar - Part 2

Perhaps one of the best things that happened this week was the rain on Friday. It hasn't rained for several months here and things are very dry. It was a treat to wake up to a gentle rain this morning.



Stumpwork is a very tedious job. As you can see these ladies were serious about their work!
Here is a picture of the project we worked on. It is called sweet peas by Deanna Bertelsen.

I decided not to even attempt working on the really nice fabric provided in the kit. Since this was my first attempt at Stumpwork I knew I wanted to practice first. So I chose to work on a practice cloth. It seemed to me this class probably could have been a four day class if there had been time. There was so much to learn and so little time to learn and practice each technique. Time flies when you are having fun!



As you can see I got started on a lot of the elements of the projects. The two days just flew by and if I practice for the next ten years I might just learn all the techniques and attempt to do the completed project. I will be using the techniques I learned in my crazy quilting and that is actually what my goal was when I started the class.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marie Alton said...

Hi Karen ... that Sweet Pea piece is awesome ... and from the little bit of stumpwork that I've tackled...I know how time-consuming it is...one small dragonfly took me like 10 hours... and about the same for a small street sign that was on my Katrina block....but I gotta say...the end result is worth the time invested.

Anonymous said...

Your work looks beautiful. I've never wanted to do this sort of thing, but it's really pretty.