Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nashville Shopping

When we were at Jo-Ann's I picked up a few pieces of fabric. Just a few ...



Plastic containers were on sale so I picked up a few of them. A person can never be too organized after all. It's amazing how much stuff a crazy quilter can acquire in a short period of time.

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect containers to carry my goodies with me on trips and I'm hoping this one will work. It has a handle and is roomy but not too big. We will see as I'm planning on taking it to the EGA Convention next week.


But here is my grand 'purchase' of the trip. I've always wanted a pair of the Gingher Designer Series Shears. But they are soooo expensive and I could never justify the expense, well as I was walking through the Jo-Ann's in a small Tennessee town I saw a pair - very patriotic don't you think? Had me thinking of the Olympics.

They had a sale sticker on the hang tag above them and the price was way more than 1/2 off ... I just knew they were marked wrong but I picked them up and tossed them in my basket figuring I'd check the price when I checked out and sure enough they were on sale! Yahoo - I now have my first pair of designer Gingher shears - this might begin a new collection as there are so many pairs that I like!



My girl friend said she saw me pick them up and she was lurking behind me to grab them up in case I didn't put them in my basket! They were the last pair on the shelf but I'm afraid I disappointed her by putting them in my basket. Just couldn't pass up a bargain!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Karen, those very same scissors are hanging in "my" Bernina store, and I'm tempted every time I walk by. My husband bought me another design a few years ago, and I'm trying to justify buying another. Hmmm...
~Y
P.S. This is how far back in your blogs I am... going to catch up, though!