Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lots of excitement around here this week! I haven't done much stitching but plan to get back into the swing of things this weekend. I had BUNCO at my house this week so that meant I had to do some serious cleaning.

Bunco, for those that aren't familiar with it, is a lot like men's poker night out only it is for ladies and we play the game with dice. Actually it is a lot of fun and we really just eat, drink and enjoy chatting. Out group has been playing together for well over 20 years. It's amazing that we have kept it up so long.

But to get back to the exciting part of the the evening. The weather! They had forecasted storms on Thursday night and of course tornado's were also in the forecast. About 20 minutes before Bunco was to start the storm sirens went off. OH NO I thought, I'm just about ready to put the food in the oven. Should I turn it off and run down in the cellar? A thought that I hate because it is really dark and yucky!

I looked out the window and didn't see any really bad looking storm clouds so I decided to wait a minute or two to decide. Of course I had the television on and they were following the path of the storm. They showed downtown Louisville ... about 2 miles away and it was raining and the wind was blowing. I started getting a little more concerned as the path of the storm turned in my direction.

Well to make a long story short... it hit here about 2 minutes later and it was a really weird storm ... not what I thought a tornado would be like. But sure enough one touched down one block down the street from me! No damage to my house but next time I may take the sirens and the forecasters a little more serious. Even thought I hate going down in the cellar! I have to say it was truly a freak storm. I've been in the vicinity of 2 tornado's in the past and this was so different! SO I did learn a lesson ... oh and Bunco went off with out a hitch. The ladies just waited til the storm passed over and then came over.

Off to do my chores for the day. I'm heading out for a conference this week in Florida for work so I will take my new lap top and see if I can make use of my time. See ya when I return!

No comments: