Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heats II RR

I've been working on Cathy's Pink block in this round of the Hearts II RR.

This is the block when I started working on it ..

This is the block after I finished working on the open seams ...

I admit I don't usually encrust the blocks I work on. I like doing the seams and I did six on this block - plus I added 7 more hearts to the count!


I added the motif below and beaded the center flower. The petals of the flower were heart shaped and I thought blended in with the rest of the block.
The colors in this block are really beautiful and I hope Cathy likes it when it comes home.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh Karen, I love everything you've added! Your stitching is always so perfectly done. Thank you! That lace motif with the heart-shaped leaves was inspired. I can't wait to see this in person. Hugs, Cathy