Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tips for attaching the Cameo

I had a question about how I attached the cameo to my fabric and I thought I'd answer it here.

I use a really easy technique ... I glue the cameo to a piece of felt. I cut the felt so it is just a tiny bit larger than the cameo. Then I do my first row of beading through the felt. After the first row of beads are added I attach the cameo to the block and continue to bead.

If I were adding a lot more beads I might do this off the block and attach the cameo after I finish the beading but in this instance I wanted it to be securely attached to the block so I beaded the last row directly to the fabric.

Easy!

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Interesting, Karen. What kind of glue do you use? Hope you're feeling better!

Karen 's World said...

I use E6000 glue.

Candi said...

Thanks for sharing that info, I wondered. :)
Merry Christmas
Candi