Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stumpwork



Today we dissected flowers ... It was an exercise to learn what/how a flower is made up of. We studied shape and color so we could design out own.

I have never looked so closely at a flower shape and markings before today. I will never look at a flower again without wanting to take it apart!

I was really amazed how perfect each petal was and how alike each one was. Nature is amazing!

Marsha Papay-Gomola is also amazing with her ability to make animals and plants look so real!! I'm learning so much and I'm really glad I'm in this class. She brought dozens of her projects for us to study up close. Since there are only eight people in the class we are getting a lot of personal attention. It's a relaxed learning atmosphere and perfect for someone like me who likes to see how things are done.


No comments: