Saturday, June 28, 2008

Confessions of a crazy quilter! LOL ... I have to admit I'm not a heavy encruster type person when I do my own blocks. So when I work on another persons block in a RR I always try to balance the block out and help the flow of the block by doing seam work. On this block I started out by adding beads to the seam above the ribbon. (It is a beautiful piece of ribbon I may add!)

Then I moved down to the seam below and did the cretan stitch and added the same beads I used in the other seam. This helps the eye move around the block. LOL ... Sharon B. would be proud of me as I learned this technique in her online class at Joggles. If you haven't signed up for one of her classes you need to look into it. Well worth the money and you will learn alot!

Back to the block .... I'm still working on it and will do some more seam work as well as add a silk ribbon flower motif, but I just wanted to give you a little tour of it as I work on it.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful PURPLE block!!!!!!Love it.