Saturday, January 19, 2008

I received several great suggestions on finishing the blocks I posted last weekend. Nancilyn suggested I piece a couple more blocks and forgo any elaborate embellishing. She suggested I just tie the blocks like an old crazy quilt.

I think that is what I will do. I will sew the blocks together and sandwich the finished top with a muslin back and a light batting. Now I just need to round up some fabric scrapes from the late 60's and early 70's. If anyone has any they think would match any of the fabrics in the blocks I posted last week, please let me know. I'd love to trade some of my new fabric for some of your vintage. I don't need a lot but would like to use pieces that match the time period.

Leave me a comment if you have anything and want to swap with me!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm going to check when I'm at my best friend's house next week. I *think* I stored my 70s bicentennial fabrics in the storeroom, but there's a small chance they are with my more current stash at her house.

I know that a couple of years ago, Keepsake had a line of 70s repro fabrics, because I remember laughing about it. =)

Anonymous said...

I have some old fabrics, which if they arent 60 and 70's they certainly look it. I will post a photo of them on my blog soon and let you know when Ive done it so you can check them out .

Anonymous said...

I have posted photos of my 1970's fabric on my blog. check it out and leave a comment if you'd like me to send you some.

allie aller said...

Wish I had some for you...what a jazzy blast from the past!
~Allie