Saturday, January 12, 2008

I finally subscribed to The Quilt Show this week (I paid off Christmas!) and watched the first episode of series number two!

Judith Baker Montano was the featured guest and it was great! Alex started off the show with tips on Red Work. I've never tried Red Work but I'm going to now, she made it look so easy.

Judith's section was excellent. It was a great way to meet her and find out about her work. She started her segment with transferring her pictures to silk and then she painted them with water colors. She introduced her new line of fabrics and they sound delicious. The fabric is a blend of silk and cotton. If sounds perfect for the crazy quilter.

She covered two different Silk Ribbon Flowers and then we took a tour of her garden and studio. She showed some of her work and it was great to get to know her better. I have watched the show three times now and picked up more details each time.

I give The Quilt Show two thumbs up!! Check it out if you haven't done so yet.

2 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

After you mentioned that Judith Montano was going to be on it, I signed up last week. Haven't had a chance to see the show yet. I have had the opportunity to take 2 of her classes at Asilomar, and they were wonderful experiences.

Susan said...

Gail said it was a really good segment, too. I'm going to wait for the DVD. =) Redwork is just the easiest thing, and the most fun. Here, we've always used stem and outline stitches, but the OZ girls use the backstitch most, and sometimes it's easier, so I've started using it some, too.