Sunday, October 14, 2007

I took a class yesterday at Baer Fabric's in Louisville on technology and printing pictures to fabric. They had a great turn out and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Joe Hesch, famous for his technology presentations on "America Quilts Creatively" . He has a great sense of humor and is very knowledgeable about printers, software and fabrics.

Joe uses a HP Photosmart 2610 all-in-one printer, fax, copier for his class presentation and now I want one!! LOL ... I have never used an all in one printer before or had the opportunity to see one in use but this machine can do a lot and he made it look so easy. I guess I'll be asking Santa for a new toy this Christmas.


Above is a sample page of Joe's book showing how he makes collages using the copy function on the Printer. Ideas were popping into my head as I watched him create!

They had several books and pre-treated fabrics for ink jet printers available and of course I had to buy one of his books and a package of fabric to try!


I also picked up Amy Barickman's Art-to-Wear book because it had a CD with 100 Vintage Images included with the book. I can't wait to play around with it today. I'll let you know how I like it once I have a chance to play with it.

No comments: